Printer hp 1050A, Win 7.
I installed a new printer a couple of months back but when the ink ran out I refilled it and it caused no end of problems due to the programming for the cartridge, anyhow I found the solution to bypass it and all was working ok again, then when I tried to access the `toolbox` for hp to run a clean on the cartridges I couldnt access it (never used it before so dont know if I ever could). I thought then the best option would be to uninstall the hp programmes and reinstall, more problems as they wouldnt now install so I downloaded the full package from their website, got an install except it would not now print from my PC but would print copies etc. from the printer.
So uninstalled again but I want to make sure all traces are gone before I try another install.
I have so far uninstalled from the control panel but should I now delete any folder that has hp on it or is there a cleaner way.
P.S. I have installed the printer on my laptop for now and it works perfectly, installed from the Cd so that cant be faulty, but I do want to get it back on my main PC.
Any guidance appreciated.
thanks
Scudo
Not sure if it will help, but install it again on the PC, then use Revo (free version) to uninstall it, this works in 2 ways, 1st it launches the softwares own uninstaller (dependant on the program you want removed), use that, once done if you are asked about rebooting to complete the uninstall say No, now go to Revo and click Scan (I think thats right), once it's done click Next, it will list what it's found, click Select All, then Next, it may come up with a second list of findings, repeat the previous step if it does, then click Finish, see if that helps.
A quick note on this, sometimes a programs uninstaller removes everything, so nothing is left for Revo to find, in which case it will tell you that, also run junk file cleaners AFTER Revo has finished, if this doesn't help we will need to delete some hidden files, but will cover that if needed.
Ok done that and I have an improvement as it is now installed and I can print pics from the PC. One problem remains though as I still cannot get the toolbox up and this will be required for ink cart cleaning. It came up ok on the laptop when I installed it.
tried googling but not getting much info as there must be a file I can install/download just for the toolbox. It may well be on the printers disc but not easily identified.
I take it that this is a Deskjet ?
The initial HP site didn't acknowledge this model until I went to the UK site.
Anyway there could be an issue with the OS, I take it your running this on Windows 7 on the problem system (32bit or 64bit) ? But more importantly what is the OS of the system it does work in ?
I know there are some Epson systems that will not recognise or install ink monitor ap's, and although printing is unaffected, you don't know what state the ink is at, I don't know if that may be the case here, if it is then your stuck, at least until they bring out an update, but I wouldn't hold my breath, but at times I have found the wizard a great help, on wireless set up's anyway, so you could try the HP Printer Install Wizard.
One last thought, try installing via right clicking on the file, and select to run as admin, some programs just wont work unless Admin rights are given, see if any of this helps, if not update the info (questions in this reply) and we can look for other issues, hope something helps anyway.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI