This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

hello everyone!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

hey!! a great thing u ppl have got going here. I found this forum trying to sort out a problem with my computer. A place like this is a boon for guys like me who flounder abt looking to solve computer issues!!! oh, btw, i'm Akshay. 26 yrs old. i'm a marine engg. and my knowledge of computers is just abt enough to get by in the every day world.
Hi akshay.kumar

Welcome to WTT Forums.
Hope your enjoy yourself while learning/helping here.

What is your primary job activity as a Marine Engineer? (Did I understand that correctly? "Engineer")

Best Regards
hey doug! yes u did understand correctly. it is engineer. i sail on cargo ships and am part of the team who looks after maintenance and upkeep of the machinery on board. and i'm here basically to learn and keep my computer up and running!!!! don't know how much help i could actually be!!
I sailed as part of the Merchant Marines to help pay for college back in the late 60's. Mostly passenger ships of the American President's Lines, and also the Lurliene (sp) out of SF/LA to the Orient. Always wondered what would have happened if I had dropped out of college for a few years to pursue the adventure further. Great memories.