This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

RAM

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just got hold of an old Toshiba laptop SP6100 model nr. PS610E-o2C60-DU witk one yes 1 stick of DDR-SDRAM PC-2100 (133MHz)-(DDR266) 256mb memory. What happened to the other stick I do not know. This much memory is not enough to run XP on pentium4. But I am having problems where I live in getting exactly the same memory module. QUISTION: Can I take the module out and then replace with 2 of 512MB DDR2/667 SO-DIMM OR with 512MB DDR333 SO-DIMM? I will be very gratefull if an experianced person would kindly reply. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
The easiest approach is to go here:
http://www.crucial.com/
and let the Crucial scanner identify your RAM requirements and suggest compatible RAM suitable for your machine.
(you don't have to purchase the RAM from them, but it will normally identify the correct modules and price them for you)
You will need to accept an ActiveX control that is generally considered safe from that site.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI