This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

How do I choose the adequate RAM?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,
 
I have an old desktop FujitsuSiemens Scaleo 600 with 2 x 512 Mb RAM (DDR PC2100 133 MHz and DDR PC3200 200MHz) and which I’d now like to upgrade to 2 x 1GB RAM.
 
Would the RAM below be compatible? The Mobo is a MS-6398 (Socket 478) manufactured by Micro-Star Int’l.
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1GB-DDR-266-PC-2100-Non-ECC-Computer-Desktop-PC-DIMM-Memory-RAM-184-pins-/361387587628?hash=item542460f82c:g:AfwAAOSw~gRV5Uyp
 
Appreciate any help. Thank you!
 
With kind regards,
 
Yaniz

far as i can tell yes they should be compatible, correct voltage 2.5v, correct type ddr, correct speed pc1600/pc2100 and the motherboard supports 2GB of ram.

 

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI