This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

problem when turning off computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

each time I attempt to shut down the computer I get two messages: (1) jusched.exe isn't running and (2) Nvidia - twin view window isn't running. I can shut the computer down as long as I wait til these screens try to end, then the END NOW button becomes available. But there must be a way to correct this. Any ideas?
Hello dconant1,

Let's take a look at the jusched.exe problem first. This is the Java Update Scheduler and does not need to be running. You can disable it by doing the following:
  • Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel and Double-click Java or
    Go to Start | Run, type javacpl.cpl and press Enter
  • Select the Update tab
  • Clear the "Check for updates automatically" checkbox
  • In the warning that comes up, choose Never Check
  • Click OK to exit the Java Control Panel
You can manually update java from the same Java control panel (Update tab) by clicking Update Now

As for the NVidia TwinView problem, first try downloading the latest drivers for your video card. If your video card was made by a specific manufacturer, you should first visit the manufacturer’s website to see if they have released any drivers specifically for their implementation of the video card. If not, then you should visit the NVIDIA website (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp) and download the latest generic NVIDIA drivers for the video card model.

If this doesn't work, and you only use one monitor, you can disable NVidia TwinView:
  • Go to Start | Run, type desk.cpl, and press Enter
  • Click the Settings tab
  • Click the Advanced button
  • Find the option that enables TwinView and disable it
  • OK out
These settings probably won't take effect until you restart your system, meaning you could encounter the issues one more time.

Regards,

Ax
thanks so much for the information. I just can't believe you folks are so knowledgeable about such things. I would have had no idea how to even start on something like this. Keep up the good work. It's so helpful for us "know-nothings" out here in cyberspace. I'll do exactly as you have instructed and if I have further problems I'll report them. Thanks again.
:thumbup: No problem, that's why we're here! We all start out as "no-nothings" and, like anything we do, we need experience to learn and then know more. Here's wishing that all goes well and that you have no further problems! If you do though, you know where to go. Regards, Ax
Thanks guys for your help with my problem. Your solutions took care of the shutting down issue. Now my computer shuts down just fine. I don't have to stand here and wait or always have to click the off button which causes so many other OS issues. Thanks again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI