Upon startup we are going to desk top but the hour glass shows and are unable to click on anything including the start button. Therefore we have to shut down manually with on/off button and than a MS message appears wanting to know if I want to end program thats running. I click yes and shot down and try again. This is a major pain can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks………..
What program/application seems to be running that hangs your boot?
Consider booting into SAFE Mode….. tap F8 repeatedly at the beginning of a cold boot until the boot menu appears. Then Select - SAFE Mode
In SAFE Mode take a look at your System Configuration Utility
Start - Run - (type) MSCONFIG
browse through the programs and applications that are set to Run from the StartUp Tab
To disable any unnecessary programs and applications "uncheck" the box in front of that item, then reboot.
Have you recently installed any new Software or Hardware?
Best Regards
Yes have gone through msconfig startup to check programs & ran hijack program to see whats happening.
Im thinking the program is hidden & I need to undo hidden programs/files in order to correct this. Trying to do what I can before the dredded reformat, thanks…
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI