Hi,
all of a sudden my minimizer wouidn't take my program to the task bar however the program is still running in my task manager and I can retrieve it from there but it was so much easier to click it back from the taskbar. everything else is working fine. I tried rebooting , I tried defragging. I dragged the task bar up to see if it was hiding in there but to no avail. any suggestions? : :
This is a Windows XP
What program? All programs or just one?
If just one, have you looked in the program options? Perhaps a setting changed - a common event if it was recently updated.
Is your system clean of malware?
All programs DOn't know what malware is. I have Norton anti virus and have all of windows new downloads and keep updating any new downloads from norton
the minimizer was working as it should and for no reason that i could see just stopped.
thank you
Malware is the overall name for the category of programs that include viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, and any other malicious code. Note that using simply an anti-virus program is not enough, you need a complete arsenal of tools. If you do not have a complete arsenal, here's a link to my canned text on Cleaning Out Malware that may be of some use.
If this program just started to happen, you might try a System Restore to a point in time before the problem started.