This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

new guy

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

my comp. got the bestsellerantivirus virus and now it is going crazy. it has down load virus control popups,it's locking me out of doing things like it won't let me download hijackthis. right now I writing you from my other comp. I have XoftSpySE,spybot,adware2007and regcure on my comp. but when I run them all the stuff keeps coming back unless I unhook the dsl . If you could help me I would be vary thankfull I never been on any kind of forum before and it takes me forever to type so bare with me if I'm slow getting back to you
Hi, Welcome to the WTT forums.
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.
This is what I suggest you do.

On your workable computer go here:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html

follow the instructions and download HJT, copy to removable media (floppy or thumb drive for example)
Copy over to infected machine, do the scan and copy the log back to thumbdrive and post the log in the malware removal forum (not here in this subforum please as we don't analyse them here.)

Be sure that your antivirus and protections are up to date on your "good machine" and take care to scan your removable media for malware ie don't cross contaminate.
Good luck
Regards
paws