This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Can someone help me

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, I'm a realative novice & think I've been infected with some sort of virus/malware/adware. I've never used Hijack this or the other downloads i've seen mentioned on your site. The Security system I'm running is Kaspersky (firewall anti Virus etc). Can some with a lot of patience help me get control of my PC back please? Thanks CG
[external image: Posted Image]
Hi citizeng,
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would suggest that you go here and follow all directions. If you are still having problems, go here and follow all directions.

You've come to the right place. There are some very helpful, extremely patient experts here that should be able to help you get things straightened out.
Good Luck :thumbup:
Hello citizeng,

[external image: Posted Image]

Tomk has given you the best advice, so when you have finished browsing those links, and had your computer cleared of any Malware please feel free to post again on the appropriate sub-forum for whatever help you may need.

Enjoy this great forum.

kind regards,
Thanks Tomk/Tallin, have run ATF cleaner but unable to download spybotsd from the link you attached. Not sue whether there's a problem with the site, do you have an alternative source by any chance? Appreciate your help v much guys. CG
:thumbup: LINK

Glad to help, but don't forget Google is your best friend.

Thanks for the update re the site, I will investigate to see if it is this end.

kind regards, :whistling:
Thanks for the new link Tallin. Dowloaded Spybot & followed instructions as per Tomk advice link. Spybot identified & removed 7 'nasties' from my machine. :thumbup: Unfortunatelt I'm still getting pop ups freuently (have pop up blocked turned on) :pullhair: I will post a new topic after running HJT tomorrow evening. Very grateful for your help guys! CG
Thanks for posting back, You have, or are going to do the correct move and post over in the HJT forum to have your system checked for Malware………..good job so far. I will watch your thread to see how you go. One of the experts will sort out the problem , that is for sure, they have great talent. By the way that link has been corrected you drew our attention to……..thanks for that. kind regards,