This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Please Recommend a REGISTRY CLEANER

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello guys. I am by no means a professional but I do understand that when I uninstall stuff it might not totally uninstall for whatever reason. Or leave traces of the program or whatever the technical term is. I was wondering if anyone could recommend something to help clean up the stuff I don't need. I use carp** Cleaner but I was looking through my registry (I'm not brave enough to change anything.) and I saw remnants of programs I no longer have. Any suggestions… Any important directions I need to know about backing up the registry or how to restore it if I need to? (I have XP is it as simple as just creating a restore point?) Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Since I've noticed this thread being actively browsed, I've decided to insert a comment.

First off, I will state that I have immense respect for the professionalism and expertise of Siggyx.

With that said, I believe that any discussion of automated Registry Cleaners would be well informed by reading the important contributions offered by Bill Castner, here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Regcleaner_t…272#entry418272

And most certainly, any use of Registry Cleaners should be preceded by the use of ERUNT as linked here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?s=…st&p=510835

Best Regards,
Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI