This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Reboot from CD only

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

http://forums.whatthetech.com/add_reply_f27_to84926.html
Why is it that after I reinstalled windows, the machine will not boot unless the CD is in the drive? I followed all the prompts. I was in the process of updating my windows from microsoft and it required a restart.

The only thing I see when it goes to boot, is the box with the bios info, then below that it says something about NO EMULATION, press any ket to boot from CD

Thank you for your help.

Mrs Anderson
Boot the computer, press the Fn key that gets you into BIOS Setup (F1, F2, F10, Del, etc.). Is there a Boot tab? If so, select it then look at the boot order. Make sure it's set to 1. CD ROM or ATAPI CD ROM 2. Hard drive (IDE or SATA, which ever you have) 3. USB (if your computer supports booting from USB). Save the changes and boot, see what you get.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI