Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

no wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 netlearner

netlearner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

i have a strange problem.....my friend who lives 2 houses away from me has an smc wireless router,it is wired to his desktop and that works perfect,but when he tries to connect wireless from his laptop or my laptop we cannot get any connection,so i put his router in my house and still no connection,so i took the router back to the shop where it was purchased my friend who owns the shop connected it up and it works fine,so we are lost as to what the problem is,my linksys w/router works good,we can even get a connection in my friends house (2 houses away)..i am wondering if their is somethink in the air thats stoping the smc from working wireless,..a coinsidence is that a normal radio station i always listen to on my radio now gives a problem and i have to move the radio to a different place in the house to here it,this happened at about the same time as the smc stoped working wirelssly......this is probably a crazy thought on my part....any advice please thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

If you read the reviews, you'll find that others have experienced similar difficulties with that router.
Admittedly, any product review is subject to personal bias and specific situation, but you may be able to cull through the information provided through reading the results link of a Google search to find issues and configuration details that may provide some insight to your situation.
http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

Home networking, and home network routers are amongst the more frustrating peripheral setups for many folks.
Environmental conditions from place to place can allow a router to work perfectly well in one location, and fail in another.

A possible consideration (particularly because you've noticed some radio reception difficulties) is that cordless phones, and other electronic equipment functioning on specific frequencies may interfere with one router and not another.

If you have a 2.4mHz cordless phone base close to your router..... you may want to experiment with moving it.

Good luck.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.