This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help, with a presistent problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'll try to be as specific as I can.

The problem started a couple of days ago, have no idea what triggered it.
The first time it happened the computer restarted and when it loaded back on it asked for a Name and a Password (I didn't assign any) and when I just simply clicked OK it loaded the desktop with this error [external image: Posted Image]. Every time I tried to restart after this, it did the same.
I formated (only C:) and reinstalled Windows. After reinstalling all the drivers, I clicked on a KeyGen and the computer restarted and the second the desktop image showed it restarted again, without warning.

I formated all the computer, throughly. And after trying to install Winamp (it did not start) I restarted and it all began all over again.

Please, I have no idea what to do… I really need your help. Thank you
Greetings Lyrien

Welcome to WhattheTech.

From what I know about DEP (Data Execution Prevention) There is a application that is trying to run that Windows the operating system has Identified as a security threat or virus like.

This application is trying to run from a memory location that Windows considers "protected" and will not allow the program to execute from there.


What caught my eye was the fact you were running a KEYGEN for something…..???

Are you sure that this KEYGEN app didnt bring some friends with it or that Windows the operating system has responded about having a KEYGEN app trying to run from a protected memory space?

Here is a link to what Microsoft says about DEP

Data Execution Prevention Error Message.

Otherwise the best and right thing to do is to use a true Windows installation disk with a valid license key

Regards

Kazzoo
The KeyGen was for a Guitar Pro, and it was on the computer almost since we bought it, almost half a year ago. It didn't didn't came with any harmful stuff. Thanks I'll read the link. * I read the Windows link, and I have to add something. The thing is, after the error it doesn't asks if I want to send the report, like a "normal" error. It's just closes, and then it loads nothing, just the desktop image. I pressed Ctrl Alt Delete and popped the same error about the Task Manager.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI