Hey WTT ,
As of yesterday my computer started going crazy all my icons turned blank then rebooted, now today when I went away from my keyboard and came back there was a lot of errors involving the Windows system the start menu didnt say start it was just green then all the icons on my desktop looked like error files so I restarted and im back to normal do any of you guys know what's going on with my PC ]= its XP SP3 help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Andrew ~
Hi Andrew. That doesn't sound good, that's for sure.
Couple things you can do.
First, check out the file system by running chkdsk. Click on Start then Run, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter. You will get the following:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
Type Y and press Enter. Reboot the computer and let chkdsk run to completion. This can take an hour or more so be patient. See how things are after that. If you still have problems, post in our Malware removal forum as there is a good possibility you have picked up something.
Start with the Are you Infected? Need Help? thread near the top.
Thanks for the reply Ztruker,
I have completed the scan and my CPU restarted I logged into my account and seems to be running normally just 1 thing I keep getting this pop for every application thats running
Did you install VerIT Lite? In any case, follow the link I provided to our Malware forum. It's quite likely you have some kind of malware on your computer.