This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

newbie..intro.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello this is the second time I use Tom Coyote…now what the heck..Im somewhat of a newbie 5years comp. experience..Im looking to get help in maximizing my space on this old comp., I've posted hijack this files in that forum but yet to get a reply TY Debbie

Hello this is the second time I use Tom Coyote…now what the heck..Im somewhat of a newbie 5years comp. experience..Im looking to get help in maximizing my space on this old comp., I've posted hijack this files in that forum but yet to get a reply
TY Debbie


Hi quibie,

Welcome to WTT :thumbup:

I see your post in the WTT HJT forum, please be patient, the experts are very busy as you can see when you access that forum. One of them will get to you when your turn comes around.

In the meantime if you want to re-capture space on your C:\Drive you can go through and delete old software from Add and Remove that you no longer use and clean up your My Documents folder of unused files and folders you do not need anymore.

Best regards,
Ty I will wait patiently :thumbup: till then I will delete those files..I cannot delete some… that I already know I get error messages? is there a forum where I can enqure for that? Debbie
Hi quibie,

While cleaning up your machine's hard drive and removing unused utilities is a generally favorable "maintenance" practice, it may be unwise to perform such actions at this time.

You state that

"I cannot delete some"


Presently, we do not know why you cannot delete the items you reference.
Most often there is a straight-forward reason that relates to either system problems or malware activity.

Please wait until your receive instructions from the Malware Team who replies in your Malware Removal Forum thread.

Taking "uninformed action" can in some cases make the job of cleaning up any existing Malware, or later repairing any System related issues, more difficult.

Please feel welcome to post any additional follow-up concerns or questions into a related Hardware or Software Forum AFTER you have completed your work with Malware Team.

Best Regards,
Doug