Ashfaq
Topic Starter
I had already had a vise opinion from this forum for deciding about the operating system, as advised I would install xp 64bit. Now if I had to try dual booting system, that too with linux, is it possible to keep windows xp as the default system and linux as the secondary. I had tried once and found, you need to install windows first, and than install linux from the live cd, what happens is it works, I liked the linux for its installation, and everything but, it fails for the games, the voice messengers, etc, for this windows is must! also my attachments with windows is for last 8 years and know to figure out things where as in linux, the commands, and working around is complex1
Now my question is when linux installs it writes its own MBR and takes hold of the boot section, it makes the the linux as the default system, and windows is shown in the last line! is it possible to make the windows as default, and linux as secondary!
Further will you advise of the practical fusibility for such arrangement? I had not dwelt in depths with linux, and dont know about other programes how it responds to other than the regulars I use like goole talk with voice etc in windows, so I am aware it does not work for voice, but internet torrents, etc are fast in linux, compared to windows. Even Emails is better than the windows.
Please educate me on these lines, so that I am able to decide once for all.
Thanking you!
Ashfaq Shaikh.