This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dual Boot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Paws recommendation to have a clone of your OS drive on removable media is sage advice.

I am not very familiar with the Linux OS varieties and flavours but as for adding W7 after XP is already installed, I am very familiar with this process and the potential peril it can easily involve.

As an addition to the link Paws has provided, you might like to look at my thread on the subject here at WTT as well.

'Installing XP AFTER W7 for a Dual Boot System'
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=114177

Since then, I have performed the operation several times on PC's for other people without a hitch.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI