This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

No Sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! I've just installed WindowXP on my laptop, Dell XPS M1210. I have no sound now. I downloaded Automatic Updates & it doesn't work. I went under "Sound, video and game controllers" from Device Manager, there're no question marks. It lists (Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media control Devices, USB Audio Device, Video Codecs) When I go to Sound and Audio Devices Properties, under Volume, it says "No Audio Device." Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help!! Elli
Your Dell XPS M1210, has a Service Tag Number somewhere on the case bottom.

Go the the Dell website.
Create a user account with username and password.
Go to Support and Downloads
Search for your machine using the Service Tag Number.
Dell will display the "exact" machine that you have as it was configured at sale time.
Sound/Audio Device will probably be one of the downloadable softwares.
Browse through the available downloads, including the Owner's Manual if no Sound/Audio Device is listed in the downloads.

Please keep us informed of your progress.
The Dell website is the most likely and easiest way to get the needed information.
If that fails you, we can dig a little deeper, but I don't think we'll have to.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI