This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sound Drivers And Devices Install, But No Sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:rant2: I have tried the diagnostics and can hear sounds, but when I log into windows the sound no longer works. I have tried to reinstall the drivers to no avail! I know that the device is installed, but when I go to control panel, sounds, it says that there is no device. Also, my hard drive is now partisioned! Why is this and how do I get rid of my "e" drive?? Thanks so much!! This site has been a life saver in the past, hoping for the same experience this time as well!
It is not clear what steps you took that resulted in an apparently unwanted partition of your hard drive. Could you describe a little more of what you were doing? If this is the same machine that you've also posted in Malware Removal, you do have some annoying nasties going on in the machine, but it is not clear how that would relate to sound and audio driver installation. However, it is generally better to clean up any malware, prior to installing software. Strickly speaking, that would include the installation of device drivers. Please post back with a bit more description of what you've been trying to do with your machine. We will be better able to assist you after you've completed that work in Malware Removal, if that is the same machine. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI