This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Audio Problem, please help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I formatted my HP DC5100 SFF and reinstalled XP. I installed audio drive and intel chipset. The items with question marks at device manager were already fixed. Still no sound.
Have a look in —->
Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties

On the "Volume(tab)" panel, be sure that "mute" is NOT checkmarked/ticked, and that volume levels are sufficient for your preference.

_______________

If this is a clean installation of XP, you need to install DirectX 9.0c from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;displaylang=en

Then install SP2 (if SP2 is not included on your XP installation media (CD).

Then go to MS updates to get the critical updates and patches.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Best Regards
How about the basic obvious stuff…….. Speakers plugged in to the correct hole (usually the green one) Speaker power turned on and light on the powered speaker that has the volume/balance adjustments? Take another look in Device Manager for any yellow or red warnings? Uninstall/Reinstall Audio Driver software? Is this "onboard sound" or a PCI Sound Card? If "onboard" you may benefit from re-re-installing the audio component of the chipset drivers. Keep us posted with your progress. Best Regards
My speaker is built in speaker. It is onboard card. I just rechecked everything. I hooked with an external speaker, the sound came out. So the problem is from internal speaker, not the software. I called HP, warranty is still covered for onsite support. They will come to replace the speaker. Thank you for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI