This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Need Help Building Home Network

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK I have Satellite Internet and which only has one modem but with the new computer being done this thursday I want it to have internet so after searching the internet I saw on a website a Dual Modular 8-Pin Wall Jack and I was wondering if anyone has used one of these before and how hard it is to hook everything up. _________________
I have not used this product. It appears to be a standard device to provide a neat and easily connectible terminal for your CAT6 Ethernet wiring that would originate at a Router near your Satelite Modem. Installing the Wall plate receptacle would be the easy part. Pulling the Ethernet wiring would require access to an attic or basement location where you could route the wire. In your other Post you mentioned connecting your wife's machine via Wireless Access. Is that not an option for the new machine? Best Regards, Doug P.S. Fix the links in your signature line. (the first is a broken link. the second goes to a loans page instead of parental control)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI