This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Expressing gratitude for the help received here..

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Just a comment to visitors, members – and those who have benefited from the free assistance offered here..

Although I'm not completely sure who donations to this site go to, or what they're used for ultimately (site maintenance, or to individual techies, etc) – I just want to say how important it is to at least offer what you can afford as a donation.

The Geek Squad makes approx. $50/hr here… and computer repair shops probably make even more.
THIS service is offered FREE, with donations being an option.

When I add up the hours I've spent following the advice & steps of the techs at this site, I'm sure it will be equal to at least $250-$300 saved JUST for this one event … not to mention the value of salvaging my mental health (I've wanted to throw my computer in the nearest river). :) In total, my estimate of what I've saved is in the hundreds of dollars.

This site has saved my sanity (and my computer) more than once… my thanks to the staff/owners of this site!

~ Kim in NY
Thank you, Kim P., for your kind comments about this hard-working help-site.

"Sanity" is a wonderful thing to save.
My own has been retrieved several times by the talented Tech and Malware Team Member who help here.

There is a brief statement Here about how Donations are handled at WTT.

Having had the privilege of glimpsing some of the behind the scenes work at WTT, I am truly amazed at the dedication and generosity of the Volunteers and Administrators who work tirelessly to make such a site available for free help to our Members.

Best Regards