This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Loosing the battle to keep the home

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

First thing I want to state is that with the things that are in place at this time, this site and forums should keep running indefinatly.

My thanks to the many volunteers that help here and do what they do so well and especially to the volunteer staff here of which none of this would have been possible without.


Now on to the personal sad news:


Many of you have known about my bad disk in my neck and my losing my job of thirteen years in May of 2004
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=23692

well, for those that are interested, I will soon probably lose my home, since all these other tragedies have occured, donations have taken a nose dive, I doubt that I will get enough in the next two weeks to save it
but things on the site should still keep running the same since all the things I have in place



My hope is that I will still be able to find internet access occasionally from whereever I end up, and it may be spuratic but I will try my best to keep in touch.

dgosling is to remain the main controller of the forums and I hope that all the other staff will pitch in and help her where needed.

Many many many thanks to all that have donated and bought software and other goods to help out, without you I would not have kept this house this long, and many many thanks to Mike Healan from Spywareinfo for his loan that I fear I will not be able to repay any time soon…

Sincerely,
Your friend on the internet,
Tom Coyote Wilson
I dont know what to say…. I simply dont know. This is a shocking news for me and I am yet to take it fully. I pray to God .. and wish you every happiness that you DESERVE. You were one of few who have been an inspiration for me and I know personally about your good character. Words really cant help much but I sincerely pray to God… you get the good returns . Wishes and Respect for you and LillRed Take care
Like subratam, I dont know what to say either. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

dgosling is to remain the main controller of the forums and I hope that all the other staff will pitch in and help her where needed.

I'm sure I speak for all of use that we will support dgosling in whatever she needs. I'm also confident we can keep your site thriving until you are able to regain internet access. There are many that have worked very hard to help make Tom Coyote's web site what it is today and I don't see them giving up any time soon. So try not to worry about your site, we'll keep it going :thumbup:
Whoever u are Tom ur a gent. This site has been a great help to me the short time I've known it. Hope ur luck turns around pal. I'm gonna donate forthwith my paypal account sets up. Cheers.
Hi Tom, This is horrible to hear :( My prayers are with you and your family, and I hope that all turns out the best. I'm sure, that I, and the other staff here, will keep on working here and try to help you out in any way you need. dk
This is ridiculous isn't it? The man who set up a site that helps so many - not only those with malware but those seeking to learn how to help solve those problems - is about to lose his house? I guess there's no way to make this a pay-for site - there are other sites based on the free or donate model and folk will go elsewhere rather than pay. I wish I could donate but I'm in fairly dire financial straits too…I hope that changes (actually I hope it changes sooner rather than later), and when it does I will donate. But donations aren't going to save Tom's house….so have all other avenues been explored? I don't know what the 'hit' rates are for the site, but are there no opportunities to seek more advertising on the site (from reputable organisations, obviously). And given that the work of this site benefits all those with vested interests in keeping computers and the internet running…have requests for donations been sought from the likes of OS/pc/internet comms manufacturers/suppliers, ISPs, search engines? Are any government grants available? How about philanthropists and financial 'angels'?
Tom "Coyote" Wilson gave me my start right here at this site when I first started training. He is a patient man; I know….. I have put him to the test many a time. ;) dgosling has my full support and I am sure that of the rest of the TomCoyote team.
Tom, my prayers and very special thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I only wish I could do more. As part of this staff, dgosling and this forum has my continued support, as always.
Tom. My prayers for you are winging their way even now, even though they have continued to go in the past. I pray that God will find a way for some of those prayers to be activated. God works in mysterious ways at times, often such that we never understand. I am pleased that the site will go on, and wish you some relief from the pain I know you are constantly in. God bless you and your family (Little Red - long time no hear from) Peace and Love be always with you all. ChrisRLG
In an attempt to increase the income from the site without changing it to a crappy site, Google ads will be shown to all members now and one other ad banner will be added that will rotate products like Crucial, GoToMyPC, Vonage etc, this way even if I do lose the house, there may be some recovery I can do with this afterward. Please forgive me for having to make these changes…. This is not the direction that I wanted to take for this site… Tom Coyote Wilson
Tom, I understand that you need to do what you do, and I hope everyone else does. As I said before, the Staff and I will be here to help you out…. Dk
Tom , you told me about this possability comming, I had prayed it never would :( I pray for you and yoru family each and every day … and I shall continue to. Your chatrooms in WolfChat.org are there for life, and are safe … I dont care how long you go with out authing up, those channels will always be there for you and your staff. I have some webspace that I can offer to you as well, I relise that you get tons of hits , and many more then what I can handle, but if you have use of what i have, its there for the takeing. I only wish i could do something for your house problems, … Please remember , a house does not make a home… no matter where you and your family will be, it will be HOME, the Love, The hope, The Prayers, that you all shair, will make anywhere you are a HOME. You are my Brother, call me any time night or day, snail mail me, email, phone, what ever it takes to stay in contact. Be well my Brother and fair well. Let me know what ever it is that i can do to help out, Ill do what ever i can that is with in my means. I know that the small donations I make now and again, are way too small to be of any real help in saveing the home. I will however send out another, soon… perhaps it can in some way help make the transition a small bit easier. I only wish that i could send more. A Thought occurs to me… This site helps out so very many people… You dont really need $90,000 from one person, 90,000 $1 donations would also get you the same results !!!! … PEOPLE LETS ALL GET TOGETHER HERE … Each and every one of us… Each person whom has been benifited by, helped by , and LOVED by Tomcoyote and his good deeds, send in what ever you can … $1, $5, $10 , … or MORE … with all the hits this site gets per day … if each person just sent a few dollers each … WE CAN SAVE THIS MAN'S HOME !!!! WHO DESERVES IT MORE THEN TOM ? WOLFGAR
beautifully said Wolfgar. It expresses I think what most of us who are staff here, feel. Tom Coyote has been a force in this spyware fight since it started. He is one of the originals and what he has done in those years is immeasureable. But as Wolfgar says, a house does not a home make. It is the people who make the home what it is. You know Tom, that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this horrendous time. Let's just hope that the future is brighter than the present seems to be. Please take care of yourself and your family and HE will take care of you. Dorothy
It is bad that it should come to this now. Hope that you will be able to come back soon and that in the interime you will find a decent home and a possibility to stay in touch with us from time to time.