This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Disconnected Internet ..

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Whenever I try to download any thing from the Internet then suddenly it's disconnected . I don't know any reason regarding to this problem. so I'm trying to download some patches for a game which is roughly 300-500mb. Every time the download is anywhere between 60-80% done, it will stop downloading and my computer will have no internet access. I know it's not my router/modem since I can still connect to the internet with my laptop, but on my computer if I go to network connections and disable the device and then re enable it, it starts working fine again.
HI gerrydavis. Take a look in your system log for evidence of the problem.

Click start -> run -> type eventvwr.msc and press ENTER.

Open the system log and look for red errors, especially around the time your internet connection drops. It may be a clue as to what is shutting down.

Does the problem of internet connectivity occur at any other time other than during large downloads?

How are you connecting to your network, wireless or wired? And, how do you connect to the internet - cable, dsl, etc?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI