Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook Express problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 godsey1

godsey1

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi. I am having a weird problem with Outlook Express. It sometimes will show the icon on the bottom right hand side of the tray for a new e-mail, but when you look at the e-mail there are no new messages. I have e-mailed Microsoft about this and they said that it would cost me to have them check it out :( Any thoughts about this?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

There are some simple steps to take for repairing most mistakes occurring in Outlook Express.
They are "simple" but you must follow the instructions "correctly".
Have a look here:
http://www.microsoft...s/oerepair.mspx

Post back if you continue to have difficulties after following all of the prescribed steps.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 godsey1

godsey1

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

Sorry to bring this old post back up, but my outlook is still acting up. It still shows that it has received mail when there is no new mail. If someone knows, please post here. Thanks for your time, Tony

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:44 AM

Hi, When you first posted you said the problem was with Outlook Express and Doug sent you a link to the appropriate "fixes" Can you confirm that you followed all the suggestions in the link? Did they fix the problem with Outllook Express? Do you now have a problem with Outlook (rather than Outlook Express) or was this a typo? Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 godsey1

godsey1

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

I have tried all the suggestions, but none of it works. It is Outlook Express. Thanks.

Edited by godsey1, 25 May 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

By "all", does that include the following as outlined at the Microsoft link provided?
  • Reregister Outlook Express
  • Reregister libraries
  • Create a new identity
  • Reinstall or repair Outlook Express

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 godsey1

godsey1

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

Yes I tried everything, and still nothing. I may just reinstall everything and see if that does it. Thanks for the help.