This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook Express problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I am having a weird problem with Outlook Express. It sometimes will show the icon on the bottom right hand side of the tray for a new e-mail, but when you look at the e-mail there are no new messages. I have e-mailed Microsoft about this and they said that it would cost me to have them check it out :( Any thoughts about this?
Sorry to bring this old post back up, but my outlook is still acting up. It still shows that it has received mail when there is no new mail. If someone knows, please post here. Thanks for your time, Tony
Hi, When you first posted you said the problem was with Outlook Express and Doug sent you a link to the appropriate "fixes" Can you confirm that you followed all the suggestions in the link? Did they fix the problem with Outllook Express? Do you now have a problem with Outlook (rather than Outlook Express) or was this a typo? Regards paws
I have tried all the suggestions, but none of it works. It is Outlook Express. Thanks.
By "all", does that include the following as outlined at the Microsoft link provided?
  • Reregister Outlook Express
  • Reregister libraries
  • Create a new identity
  • Reinstall or repair Outlook Express
Yes I tried everything, and still nothing. I may just reinstall everything and see if that does it. Thanks for the help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI