Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93091 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

SOUND DRIVER ERRORS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kaos123

kaos123

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have just reformated and reinstalled my XP home Os on my PC, its old but not that old it was bought in 2003, i have done all my windows updates and my service pack 2 and sp3 then i go into device manager and upgrade the drivers that have not yet been completed, now the problem here is i have one driver which does not let me update or install which is my "Multimedia Controller" it has a Exclamation mark beside it, When trying to Upgrade this audio driver , it goes half way and the PC restarts instantly, as well as trying to install it manually from a installation file. It is a onboard sound device on the mother board, my mother board is a sis mother board and i can not find the right driver for it the driver or my device is called sis615 (might be the chipset). The mobo i think it was callled NAC INTERNATIONAL ive tryed to see if there is a hidden make or some other name for the audio device on my PC , and the other name is a Unimodem Half duplex audio device. Please Help me. WHY DOES IT RESTART HALF WAY!!!!!

Edited by kaos123, 07 December 2009 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

From your description, it sounds like this is a custom built computer, not one purchased from a large vendor like Dell, Compaq, Hp, etc, right?

If it is one of them, please post the make and model number. If not, download and run System Information for Windows (SIW). Scroll down to the Hardware section, click on Motherboard and post the manufacturer and model number here. We should then be able to find out what XP drivers are available for it.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 kaos123

kaos123

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

yes i tried downloading the right drivers for it but it didnt, as in from the realtek websites and from sis websites and other sites dont work.........

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Would still like for you to post the info I requested. Never hurts to have another eye or two check what you've done.

Rich

#5 kaos123

kaos123

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:55 AM

i fixed the problem, this is a very well known commen and im supprised i done it over night :), i dont know why but you guys are the best , each time i post on here i some how after i get it fixed. the answer was a Driver called AC'97 that is not part of Realtek its callled avance the multimedia controller audio driver is fixed by installing this driver.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Well done :thumbup:

Rich