Hi,
I have a problem with my Dell inspiron/6400/E1505. I have no sound for my speakers. my laptop tells me my audio file indrive no longer exists.The error report is as follows: windows/systems32/drivers/drvmcdb.sys.
The problem occurred when i had to put my laptop back to factory settings, but i have sound in my media direct when not logged inti windows xp.
Can anyone advise me ? ps I have lost my installation discs that came with my laptop.
belongs to the software Sonic DLA or Simple Backup for My Pictures or DLA or HP DLA or Roxio DLA or IBM DLA or Roxio Drag-to-Disc or StompSoft Backup MyPC or Stomp Backup MyPC
Please Go to
1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter
To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
Thank you for your prompt response. have done as you advised. I hope i have attached what you asked for correctly. Apologies, my computer skills are very basic. I hope you can help me.
And the service tag number on your system? It should be on the bottom or the back of the system.
This will help me find the correct driver you are missing for your exact model.
Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 15 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI