Hello,
Just recently when I first turn on my computer and the motherboard splash screen first pops up it takes a long amount of time for it to finally pass and go to the windows loading screen. I can't figure out why it's doing this. I already got help from spywareinfo.com and confirmed that there is no Malware or any viruses that would cause this, so it has to be hardware related. I've already tried updating to the latest BIOS and the option to quick boot is on. So any help would be great. Thank You.
Long loading times typically indicate problems/conflicts with hardware. Are there any errors indicated in Device Manager? Do you have any external drives connected, or mapped or networked drives configured?
Does it take a long time to boot into Safe Mode?
You say just recently this started, did you just recently add any new hardware or install any new software, in particular, security applications? Have you tried rolling back with System Restore to a point in time before this happened? I would not do this now if the folks at SpywareInfo had you make any changes as they would be lost after a restore.
What is loading up at Startup? You can use MSCONFIG, or if you have CCleaner, you can see what loads at startup under its Tools section.
There are no errors in my Device Manager, I do have an external hard drive connect via USB to my computer thats usually on all the time. It does take the same amount of time to load into Safe Mode. I have not installed any new hardware recently. The most recent thing I've installed was a wireless card, but that was almost 2 months ago now. I looked at my startup apps and I dont see anything threatening that would cause it. I use Avast anti-virus software. And yes I had alot of stuff changed from the folks at spywareinfo.com so I don't really want to go back on a restore.
Well after you asked if I had any external devices connected I decided to turn off my external hard drive and turn my computer back on. Boom it started up and past the splash screen quickly. So that must have been the problem, my external HD. Thanks for your help!
Well after you asked if I had any external devices connected I decided to turn off my external hard drive and turn my computer back on. Boom it started up and past the splash screen quickly. So that must have been the problem, my external HD. Thanks for your help!
Darn USB devices - they just are not as universal as they claim to be. I've gotten to the point where I try to avoid them and I am unhappy that many motherboard makers are not including PS/2 mouse ports on some of their new motherboards, relying on USB now. I think that is a mistake.
It may not be your HD, but the USB controller or the enclosure - but at least you have narrowed it down.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI