Hi All,
My computer when i boot up by turning off and turning back on the power supply is taking more than 10 min to use it. All the icons comes up quickly, but the computer itself is useless until I wait for almost 10 min even after that, it is very slow to do anything. It is happening recently. I have McAfee, total protection and PC tools spyware doctor on my machine. I don't know what is going on with it. When ever i run the anti virus software, it comes out clean nothing but some ad cookie related stuff.
Can you please guide me to make my PC faster at the boot up time. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
-Balaji
My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
I don't know if I can help… but let's get a log and we will see what we can do.
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.
Hi Tom,
I tried DDS.scr and after sometime pctools software came up with some permission issue for which i said allow after which the computer went to blue screen saying that in order to prevent some damage to the computer it has done that. Is it necessary to disable pctools spyware doctor also? I have mcAfee and Spyware doctor on my machine.
Please advise.
Thanks
-Balaji