Hey everyone
Well Im new to this forum and I figured someone out there can maybe point me in the right direction with my issue.
Recently Ive been getting this strange pop up box when I boot up..For instance every time I start my PC right before it boots to the desktop, I get a stange pop up window that I have to click for it to load to my desktop. If I don't click it, it will just hang there until I click it. Also it seems like my browser is running extreamly slow. I mean it just lags and freezes on me all the time since this stange startup issue. The pop up box looks like some code thats all.
Anyone have any idea on what maybe this may be and a fix for it??
Thanks for your time
In your next post, please include the "code" information and the results of your online scans.
Best Regards
P.S. I just browsed over to your HJT post. You've got some things to take care of over there, that will probably address the problem you've posted here. Stick with the HJT folks until your "HJT fix" is complete. If you then have additional issues, please feel free to post back here.
Thanks for getting back dough,
I have ran NAV, Seek and Destry and AdAware, they found things but they didn't find this cause its still there.
Like I said its when I boot. It come right just before loading to desktop..
I wish I could do an alt print screen and show you but it would be inpossiable.
All I can tell you is this. It has to be a bug. Basically its a box..looks like a windows box and it is just basiclly like ASSCII text or someting and bunch of squares and shapes and things. The wierd thing is, is that is seems to change the pattern everytime.
I'll try running some of the things that you have linked and let you know the results.
Also what else I find strange is that from the run line when I type regedit..It wont let me run regedit..like it cant find it…wierd
Any other thoughs????
Thanks
Create a Permanent Folder for HJT.exe
like this…….
C:\HighJackThis Folder\hjt.exe
Run hjt, but don't make any changes until you've received instructions from a trusted advisor over in the HJT Forum.
press:
"Run a scan and save a log"
Post a complete copy of your HJT Log as a new topic over in the HJT Forum here at TomCoyote.
(note: we don't analyze HJT Logs here in "other computer problems")
*Update*
Ok,
Now what has happend was all of my desktop icons changed to .lnk files. I was able to fix them with the regfix patch but Im still getting the wierd pop up window right before my system boots into the desktop.
If I recall. Ive had this issue before with needing to click this pop up window so my system will boot to the desktop. I fixed it before a while ago. From what I remeber I was directed to go into my regestry and remove a line in one of the HKeys. But now I forget where to find the information.
Again if anyone know what Im talking about and can point me in the right direction it would be greatly apriacted
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI