This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Software

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a software program that I am having trouble with it's a free program to use with pictures, I downloaded it installed it but when I try to open it, it say's I have to be connected to the internet which I am. I went to there troublshooting page and it said something about FTP Ports and something was blocking it from opening. How do I figure out what is blocking it and fix this problem, Thank you.
FilmLoop it works fine on my sisters computer and I have heard other people talking about how good it is, I do have another question though someone said the other day there might not be support for the program anymore, if that was the case wouldn't I still be able to install and use it. I am going crazy trying to figure this out. I have seen some of the things you can do with pictures and graphics with this program and I really wanted it to help me build a web page in memory of my son who passed away. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this, Thank you. :(

FilmLoop it works fine on my sisters computer and I have heard other people talking about how good it is, I do have another question though someone said the other day there might not be support for the program anymore, if that was the case wouldn't I still be able to install and use it. I am going crazy trying to figure this out. I have seen some of the things you can do with pictures and graphics with this program and I really wanted it to help me build a web page in memory of my son who passed away. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this, Thank you. :(


Hi there Kharley,

Very sorry to hear about your Son………

I am not familiar with FilmLoop, but why not try Picasa from the following site http://picasa.google.com/download

I hope this helps.
well, it looks like filmloop went bankrupt and now appears that they are under new ownership. You can try this: http://filmloop.myfabrik.com/ and see if the new version would work for you.

I also think the Picasso suggestion is excellent. It would certainly be worth exploring.

Thanks,
Starjax
I went to that site but it's not a new version it's just a site where you can upload the loops you have made to let everybody view them. I wasn't crazy about the picsa but thank you anyway for trying to help. I just find it real strange that, that software will run on anybodys computer but mine but I wont give up just yet, Thank you.
Hi, The usual solution to an application that won't run is to uninstall it completely, reboot, do a disc clean up, reboot, use the windows intall clean up tool if appropraite, reboot and then reinstall the application from a known good source. If you have an install disc then you may be OK to do this, otherwise, for example, if you downloaded the application, success will depend on if you kept the downloaded components securely on your machine. It might be worth checking if your sister has kept a copy of the install .exe on her machine if you cannot find your original. Regards paws
I downloaded the program and so did she there is no disk for it, but the download can be gotten again if needed at, download.com, cnet.com, or zdnet.com. I have a question though how to completely uninstall something, I know how to do the disk cleanup but I dont know anything about the windows install cleanup tool. I just want this program so bad it's driving me crazy, and it still dont make any sense to me that it will work on anybodys computer but mine, Thank you.
Hi The easiest way is to go to : 1 Start 2 Control Panel 3 Add or Remove Programs 4 wait for the list to be populated 5 Highlight the programme you want to uninstall 6 Click on Uninstall see how you go Regards paws
Hi,
Here's a link to the clean up tool….but note the warnings and before you start, make sure that your backup/archive/copy of all your important stuff, data, files, settings drivers, product keys etc is 100% up to date, accurate and reproducible. Make a new System Restore Point as well!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Regards
paws
I have the, Your Uninstaller on here and thats how I uninstall my programs is that a good way to do it is it a good program or is it better to go through the ad and remove in control panel, Thank you.

I have the, Your Uninstaller on here and thats how I uninstall my programs is that a good way to do it is it a good program or is it better to go through the ad and remove in control panel, Thank you.


Kharley,

I would follow 'Paw's last two posts in this thread to the letter. 'Paws' has explained in the first of the two how to uninstall any program and then if there is a problem, and only then use the Microsoft Cleanup Utility. I do this and have not had a problem with uninstalling since.


kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI