This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

FTP problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi - I have just been recommend that I post my problem here as nobody else that I have asked has been able to sort out my problem. Basically I am having trouble connecting to a FTP site from my home PC and can't figure out why. I have tried disabling my firewall but still no go. Other FTP sites work from my desktop, and this particular problematic site works on my laptop just not my desktop. This rules out both my firewall and router as suspects… any ideas? :pullhair:
Can you ping the site from a command prompt? Do you get a reply?

Look in your hosts file and see if the IP address for that site is pointing to 127.0.0.1, which in effect blocks all outbound traffic to it. The hosts file is in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI