This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Transferred programs will not open

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I used Gigaware USB Transfer cable with Easy Suite software to transfer files/programs from old computer to new computer. I had tried PCMover but the transfer cable failed so I used the more simple Gigaware. The C drive shows the program applications are there but when I try to open a file I get a message that says "the Operating system is not configured to open this program." - How do I fix this?
to be honest i don't think you can, the programs need to be re-installed on the new computer, and it's just the data that you are able to move from the old to the new pc. :popcorn:
Hi IslandGal,
Welcome to WTT :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your PC transfer predicament.

If you have a proper read of all the things Easy Suite claims it can transfer to a new or different computer, you will not find the word "programs" mentioned once. "Easy Suite is a PC-to-PC data management software product"

It would be nice to see an explanation of the difference between "data" and "programs" included in their promo blurb.

Of course everything Easy Suite does mention it can do, can also be done manually without the program, but it probably makes the process a little easier.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI