This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"internet Explorer Cannot Display This Webpage"

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a home PC, that for no obvious reason, has recently started to refuse to display web pages - all I get is the standard IE7 message "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE". The machine runs on XP withIE7 and is wired through a netgear router along with 2 other home PC's (both behaving as they should do). The machine has been protected by Kaspersky since new (8 months ago) and has not had any other previous problem. The machine is only used by my wife for work related stuff and has rarely used for surfing the net - very unlikely to have picked up anything from a dodgy site. Email works fine and Kaspersky updates ok, so connection does not seem to be the issue. All obvious remedies have been tried (although I may have overlooked something simple) - any suggestions from anyone? I have done a fair few hours research on the net (including posting on other help sites), but not found an answer to the problem. Others seem to be experiencing something similar. Help much appreciated.
Hello and welcome to the forums, I would suggest you make sure that Kaspersky is not blocking Internet Explorer. Check the firewall settings and make sure it is allowing Internet Explorer and port 80. Also, try turning off the phishing filter: In Windows Internet Explorer 7, go to the Tools menu, select Phishing Filter, and then click Phishing Filter Settings. In the dialog box that appears, under Phishing Filter, select Disable Phishing Filter. Hope this helps, Ax
Thanks paws, My presence may be sporadic for the time being, there's a lot going on for me right now. I'll make it here when I can though, always nice to be able to help and learn. Ax
Hi . Wer'e really glad you have solved the problem following Ax's advice.. so well done to you both! Now you can see why we value so much Ax's contributions! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI