Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

"internet Explorer Cannot Display This Webpage"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pat36a

pat36a

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

I have a home PC, that for no obvious reason, has recently started to refuse to display web pages - all I get is the standard IE7 message "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE". The machine runs on XP withIE7 and is wired through a netgear router along with 2 other home PC's (both behaving as they should do). The machine has been protected by Kaspersky since new (8 months ago) and has not had any other previous problem. The machine is only used by my wife for work related stuff and has rarely used for surfing the net - very unlikely to have picked up anything from a dodgy site. Email works fine and Kaspersky updates ok, so connection does not seem to be the issue. All obvious remedies have been tried (although I may have overlooked something simple) - any suggestions from anyone? I have done a fair few hours research on the net (including posting on other help sites), but not found an answer to the problem. Others seem to be experiencing something similar. Help much appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums, I would suggest you make sure that Kaspersky is not blocking Internet Explorer. Check the firewall settings and make sure it is allowing Internet Explorer and port 80. Also, try turning off the phishing filter: In Windows Internet Explorer 7, go to the Tools menu, select Phishing Filter, and then click Phishing Filter Settings. In the dialog box that appears, under Phishing Filter, select Disable Phishing Filter. Hope this helps, Ax

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:12 AM

Hi Ax, Welcome back, Its good to see you around again, we have missed your presence here. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

Thanks paws, My presence may be sporadic for the time being, there's a lot going on for me right now. I'll make it here when I can though, always nice to be able to help and learn. Ax

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

Hi Ax, Understood. Your expert advice here is always appreciated, so please just post whenever you can Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 pat36a

pat36a

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Re-installing kaspersky cured my problems. Thanks

Edited by pat36a, 20 September 2007 - 11:10 AM.

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

Hi . Wer'e really glad you have solved the problem following Ax's advice.. so well done to you both! Now you can see why we value so much Ax's contributions! Regards paws