This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Question on running spyware/virus programs.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

hi, im not a computer expert, but i know my way around; and this is my first post. I am currently running BitDefender Total Security 2008 and ASquared Anti-Malware. is it ok to run these programs at the same time? my computer isnt very slow. its actually quite fast. but i just thought i would ask someone who knows more than i do. sry 1 more question. is BitDefender a reliable antivirus program. i saw a few reviews that said it was the best this year. i usually use norton, but bitdefender does seem to be doing a better job. thank you.
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Generally there is no conflict between the two, so you should be OK. The golden rule is to only have one antivirus application (running in memory) and the same rule applies to software firewalls…one software firewall is enough….more can lead to trouble. Its also OK to operate from behind a hardware firewall (as in most routers at the same time running a single software firewall. Most anti spyware apps run happily side by side with Anti virus products but you are right in that incompatbilities do exist, so its best to check. Don't forget though that the more stuff you have running the more you are burdening your machine…….. Regards paws
Thank you so very much. I was wondering that ever since I purchased my new computer. Then, when i discovered this site, I figured I'd ask. Thanks again. Joe