Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Question on running spyware/virus programs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 escapethefate783

escapethefate783

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

hi, im not a computer expert, but i know my way around; and this is my first post. I am currently running BitDefender Total Security 2008 and ASquared Anti-Malware. is it ok to run these programs at the same time? my computer isnt very slow. its actually quite fast. but i just thought i would ask someone who knows more than i do. sry 1 more question. is BitDefender a reliable antivirus program. i saw a few reviews that said it was the best this year. i usually use norton, but bitdefender does seem to be doing a better job. thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Generally there is no conflict between the two, so you should be OK. The golden rule is to only have one antivirus application (running in memory) and the same rule applies to software firewalls...one software firewall is enough....more can lead to trouble. Its also OK to operate from behind a hardware firewall (as in most routers at the same time running a single software firewall. Most anti spyware apps run happily side by side with Anti virus products but you are right in that incompatbilities do exist, so its best to check. Don't forget though that the more stuff you have running the more you are burdening your machine........ Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 escapethefate783

escapethefate783

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thank you so very much. I was wondering that ever since I purchased my new computer. Then, when i discovered this site, I figured I'd ask. Thanks again. Joe

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate