This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Anti Malware Software for Vista

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just have a quick question, what free anti-malware/spyware programs work well with Vista Home Premium? My anti-virus is Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 8.911.1001/6.169.00. On my XP machine I use Hijack This, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spyware Blaster, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and CrapCleaner but I'm not sure what works with Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :thumbup:
Hi Jinniyah… This topic has been visited time and time again, not only on this forum, but all over the internet. There are probably at least 2 or 3 current discussions about this exact thing happening right now on WhatTheTech. You are going to find tons of different opinions and suggestions. Please use the tools that are at your disposal to determine what the best program to use for you is. Sometimes, you just have to do a little bit of the work yourself. ;) Remember, google is your friend.
EXCUSE ME!!! Thanks for the help…nice to know that a simple question and request for help could get my head bit off by some jerk in Michigan. Just FYI…I did some research and have loaded some of the programs I mentioned in my original post but they caused some conflicts with my system. I also did research on this forum and did see several opinions which is why I consulted the experts but I guess the ALL MIGHTY Tech Team is too good for little old me. Thanks for being such JERKS!!! Lord knows I'll think twice about coming back to this forum for help!
Its not that we don't want to help you here. But, there's a little ol' saying that goes like this: "Don't reinvent the wheel." There are likely thousands of topics and posts covering your original question. It is a great opportunity for you to learn way more than any one or two people here could tell you simply by researching the subject. On the other hand, if you are having a particular problem with a particular product, you are more than welcome to create a new topic and ask for assistance. Have a nice day.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI