This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bootable

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I know ya'll are going to think i'm crazy but I need to know how to put a program I downloaded on a disk and make it bootable. I dont know anything about this kind of thing so I need it explained in real plain dummy terms, Thank you. :wtf: :scratch:
Clarification Please, kharley…. I actually don't think you want to have a progam "bootable" from CD. Instead, I think you want to be able to be in Windows, and to be able to "Run" a program from your CD. An example of a "bootable CD" would be your Windows Installation set, or a Live Linux CC, or a Bart's PE, or MemTest86 to run in pre-Windows DOS. An example of something you'd like to "Run" from CD after booting into Windows, would be a game like Terminal Velocity, flight simulator, PinBall, etc. which can be stored on CD and Run from CD. Or maybe a Photo Display or Power Point Display that you'd like to run from a CD. Am I even close to thinking about what you are wanting? best Regards
I think I will leave this one alone, I will just keep doing things the way I always have and that way I dont have to worry about what i'm doing and if i'm doing it right, Thank you anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI