This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

BOOTABLE DISK VISTA PREMIUM

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I HOPE THIS IS WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO ASK… I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A BOOTABLE RECOVERY DISK(IN THE PAST VERY HELPFUL) SO I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE,WRITE, A DISK DONT NO WHAT TO COPY, I HAVE VISTA PREMIUM 64 CAN ANY ONE HELP??? OH YEH I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH TRYING TO "EDIT" PROGRAMS SO THE SIMPLER THE BETTER UNCLEOGRE
Welcome, Uncleorge.

Good for you that you are even thinking about creating this restore DVD in advance/anticipation of future need.
You may or may not be surprised as to the huge number of computer owners who never bother to do so,… until it's too late.

Vista has a built in routine to create Backup and Restore Disk.

Of course it is called "Backup and Restore Center" and can be found in your Vista - Control Panel.
It is alphabetically the fourth item in the list in Control Panel.

That same Control Panel entry allows you to create periodic backups of your important documents, files and media that you wish to save forever (family pictures, favorite songs, documents you've written, etc.)

But First….. "Create a Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore Image"


Follow the instructions given to you in Vista Control Panel - Backup and Restore Center.

If you have additional questions, please open a New Topic in the Windows Forum here at WTT.

Glad you decided to Join! :)

Best Regards
:wavey: Uncleorge. and welcome to WTT. I hope Doug's information helped you. Have a good look around the forum, there's lots of useful help,free information and tips to be found. Enjoy! Satchfan