Software
Creating restore iso
3 min read
Barqers
Topic Starter
Hi I have another thread called recovery cd yet no one seems to get what I am asking. What I want to do is create a bootable dvd or cd or usb, whichever, of my current configuration. Like create an iso of my current windows and applications. I have heard of acronis and ghost yet I do not see a function for this. Either I am missing something or there is no function. Please help
Much appreciated.
Francois
Doug
Using either Ghost or Acronis (or some of the others already mentioned to you) you create the iso image.
Ghost or Acronis, etc. then use a "bootable CD" that runs in a Linux operating system from the CD so that your Hard Drive and prior OS is not even involved. Then that Bootable CD allows you to "restore" the iso image that you previously took of your Hard Drive, restoring it to "exactly" the same state that it was at the time that you took the image.
When you acquire Ghost or Acronis, you will also be given access to creating the Bootable CD to perform your Restore(s).
Barqers
How do I create the image though so far I have not found a function for this in Norton Ghost.
Doug
I don't have Ghost, but here's a screen shot of my Acronis GUI
I presume that Ghost has a similar GUI.
[external image: Posted Image]
I'll ask another Member, who I know has Ghost to look in on this thread.
Best Regards
I presume that Ghost has a similar GUI.
[external image: Posted Image]
I'll ask another Member, who I know has Ghost to look in on this thread.
Best Regards
paws
Hi I have another thread called recovery cd yet no one seems to get what I am asking. What I want to do is create a bootable dvd or cd or usb, whichever, of my current configuration. Like create an iso of my current windows and applications. I have heard of acronis and ghost yet I do not see a function for this. Either I am missing something or there is no function. Please help
Much appreciated.
Francois
Hi Francois,
I have provided the information I think you are seeking in your other thread. The main raison d'etre for applications like Ghost or Acronis is to take a disc image so an exact replica of the partition or hard drive can be taken and subsequently restored.
Regards
paws
Barqers
Ohh okay sorry I just found it in the radified guide Yet it seems to be too big like wayy to big. It is about 6.5gb that is without any game files. since I have two hard drives all my games are on one. So is there a way to make it fit on one dvd? Thanks a ton for all your help paws and dough, though this might be frustrating for you.
Thanks for all the help
Francois
Also since I am only using the free trial of Norton will it not allow me to do certain features or is it a full copy for 15 days and then done?
FrenchGuy
Hi I currently use ghost myself and there is an option to break the files up into chunks to either fit on multiple cds double layer dvds or single layer dvds. It is when you assign the type of image you want in advanced options.
Best of luck
Marc
P.S. they basically tell you theres no way to use the program ever again on your computer until you purchase their product, sucks I know. Get the best out of the 15 day trial that you can.
Good luck
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI