Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Disconnecting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Red Sniper

Red Sniper

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

Well what i first thought was an AIM issue soon showed to be more than that. I get disconnected from yahoo and AIM randomly anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes, and it will continue to do so. I found out that when it disconnets, the internet too, stops. I have been on 4 different connections wired lan in college, wireless broadband, and two seperate wired broadbands.....the computer logs off on all of them. Can someone help me?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

Try freshening up your IP and clearing your DNS

Start - Run - (type)cmd
this will bring up a DOS Box display with a blinking cursor

At the blinking cursor type the following commands in sequence, waiting for the procedures to complete before entering the next command:

ipconfig /release - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"
ipconfig /renew - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"
ipconfig /flushDNS - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"

(Each of the above ipconfig steps may take from a few seconds to a minute or so to complete.
Wait for the blinking cursor to return before moving on to typing the next command.)

If the above does not remedy the problem, try this Next:
go here:
http://files.webatta...insockxpFix.exe
Download Winsockxpfix.exe to your Desktop

Run Winsockxpfix.exe

For additional information about Winsockfix.exe you may read, here:
The graphical presentation walks the user through the entire process.
http://www.iup.edu/h...net/winfix.shtm
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Red Sniper

Red Sniper

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

thanks! one of those methods seem to have worked so far.........its been 7 hours without a disconnect..........if it starts back up again ill post again.....but thanks!

#4 Red Sniper

Red Sniper

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

abour this time last week, it started up again, so i followed the same steps....it didnt work this time, AIM and Yahoo are still randomly disconnecting, my downloads will stop in random places, and my internet in general will just stop for a few seconds :(

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

Do you Power Cycle (leave off without power for 20 minutes or so) your Modem/Router, or do you leave them always on?

If the above plus the earlier posted steps don't help, you may have an infection that should be checked out over in our Malware Forum, here: http://forums.whatth...emoval_f27.html

Read and follow the instructions here:
http://forums.whatth...ers_t34502.html

Please keep us posted with your progress, but Do Not Post your HJT Log here into this thread, since we don't analyze/fix Malware issues here.

Once you get the All Clear - once you are told your machine is no longer infected, please feel free to post back here to deal with any other problems that may remain.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.