This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need Some Help Please

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all. Basically, i've made a website. Bought the domain, bought the the space etc. I've got some forums on there and it's looking ok… but i need some help if anyone is prepared to help me. I would like the same portal that is on this site, only i don't know how to do it. If anyone can help me do that it'd be great. I would also like someone to check out my forums and see if i can change them to a better design, because they look poor quality. so i'm hoping i get a good responce cos i'm in need of help , i'm going out of my mind trying to put a homepage/portal on my site! thanks alot
hi doug , thanks for the relpy. i've sorted out my forums, my problem now lies within my portal/homepage. The home page is basically going to consist of just a couple of things; A ) For posting news, just like www.whatthetech.com's home page B) A panel on the page with a Link to Forums, link to donate, link to chatrooms (which need to be made), link to FAQ That's basically all i'm after. I would hope i could edit the page to put a skin/banner on the homepage too. Thanks for any help :) 'Bob

It's just the main/front page which is irritating me , that is turning away members!


Really?
Are you getting feedback to that effect? (turning potential members away)
What specific complaints are you receiving?
examples
I hate the black background, it makes it hard to read.
You don't have (specific linked pages) which are my favorites.
Why is it so hard to register?
I can't read the…..
etc.

Complaints are actually "solutions" disguised in working man's clothing.

If you show that you are responsive to complaints and suggestions from members, they will be more likely to feel valued, understood and a part of your website. You want them to like the feeling of belonging.

Best Regards

It's just the main/front page which is irritating me , that is turning away members!


Really?
Are you getting feedback to that effect? (turning potential members away)
What specific complaints are you receiving?
examples
I hate the black background, it makes it hard to read.
You don't have (specific linked pages) which are my favorites.
Why is it so hard to register?
I can't read the…..
etc.

Complaints are actually "solutions" disguised in working man's clothing.

If you show that you are responsive to complaints and suggestions from members, they will be more likely to feel valued, understood and a part of your website. You want them to like the feeling of belonging.

Best Regards



no one has mentioned the front page to me yet, but i realize i must get it spot on because i think it will turn away members because the site looks incomplete. I suppose it's all about my way of thinking and how i want the finished product to be, and it's not up to my standard yet. But i'm looking at doing many of the things members suggest.

It's just i need someone who knows exactly how to make a good front page to do my site's frontpage. I don't have a clue, and don't have the time to learn at the moment, that's the thing holding me back, otherwise i'm proud of the site so far :)
Few people ever think twice about the tremendous energy, thought and work required to open any small business. Same is true of building and maintaining a Website. Some site owners hirer-out their site construction work to professionals, others do it themselves, one step at a time. Either way, I wish you the very best of success. Doug
thanks for the info/help Doug :) I've managed to get a decent looking front page up now. Bit of a relief! I'm glad to be learning to be honest, that's the main thing for me.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI