Software
Essential Softwares For A Pc
2 min read
seo
Topic Starter
I've recently got a laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition. Built in Norton Internet Security which is of 60 days trial. It has to be renewed in the next 3-4 days. I'm facing problems with Vista OS. The Nero doesn't work with it. Even the Power DVD does not work. I'm planning to change it to XP SP2.
What sort of software's should i have in my laptop/desktop?
Right now i'm using Super Anti Spyware Free Edition, AVG Anti Virus Free, Lavasoft AdwareSE free, Webroot Window Washer. What are the other recommended software's that are essential for a PC/laptop?
Doug
Hi Seo,
I sympathize with your situation.
However, you may have fewer options than you hope/believe that you might have.
Many folks are finding that their new machines which came with Vista operating system contain Hardware that is compatible only with Drivers that are compatible with the Vista operating system.
Attempts to install XP on such machines is rife with frustration, particularly with audio and network interface drivers.
Check with the machine manufacturer before taking any action.
________
Your question also relates to security software.
Fortunately, that picture is better.
There are plenty of utilities that work well with Vista.
However, like the Driver limitation referred to above, there are fewer third-party productivity applications available to run compatibly with Vista.
Best of luck to you.
tallin
I've recently got a laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition. Built in Norton Internet Security which is of 60 days trial. It has to be renewed in the next 3-4 days. I'm facing problems with Vista OS. The Nero doesn't work with it. Even the Power DVD does not work. I'm planning to change it to XP SP2.
What sort of software's should i have in my laptop/desktop?
Right now i'm using Super Anti Spyware Free Edition, AVG Anti Virus Free, Lavasoft AdwareSE free, Webroot Window Washer. What are the other recommended software's that are essential for a PC/laptop?
Hello Seo,
I recently also have a new Laptop with Windows XP SP/2. I run the same excellent software you quoted in your post along with the following:
CWShredder
Spybot Search and Destroy
Cleanup 4.5
Spywareblaster.
None of the above including the software you mentioned (except for AVG Antivirus) are scheduled to run. I run them manually, randomly from day to day.
There is of course other good Antispyware you can install and other members may come by with different suggestions for you.
If you have not already read Doug's recent post here #4 it is worth keeping for future maintenance for your computers. The early part of it will not apply, but most of the rest is of great value I think.
kind regards,
Blair
I recommend avast! as a free antivirus for Vista.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI