This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need A List Of Free Vista-compatible Security Software

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a complete list of all current Vista-compatible security software?

I only know of AVG that is Vista compatible.

I know Ad-Aware 2007 is NOT Vista compatible.

I think CCleaner is Vista compatible, but I don't know how well.

Can anyone provide me a weblink or tell me of any FREE Vista-compatible software out there?
I use the following on Vista machine: Spybot Search & Destroy (free version1.4) AVG AntiSpyware 7.5 (free) (I run the above two "manually" in rotation after heavy internet sessions or once weekly, whichever comes first. Therefore I update and run Spybot one week, AVG the next week, then back to Spybot. AVG AntiVirus 7.5 (free) - always on, updated daily, scan either auto-daily or as manual scan (user choice) MVPS Hosts File (Free) - Update every month or so. Zone Alarm (free) always on - update as alerted There are others, but it generally comes down to user preference. I also like NOD32 as an AntiVirus. Best Regards
vista ships with windows defender two more: super antispyware many of PCtools software, including there free firewall. vista also adds outbound filtering to the windows firewall

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI