This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error Message - Stop:0x000000d1

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, When I turn on my laptop, I get the BSOD and the following error message: STOP:0x000000D1 (0x031c6E33, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7934678) W22n51.sys – Address F793468 base at F7910000 Datestamp 3ff54d71 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL However, when I turn off the wireless switch on my laptop, I do not get the error message. I am also able to access the internet wirelessly at work and in other locations, but not at home. I have unistalled my wireless drivers and still get the problem. Not sure what to try next. Any ideas?
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your wireless connection at home. You may need to try a number of things to try and narrow down the problem ( unless of course you get lucky and choose the right fix first!) Suggestions: 1 The fact that you can connect to your firm's wireless network may point to your home router as being part of the problem, so check all the configuration settings carefully and if you are using either WEP or WPA encryption, (as you ought to be ) then as a temporary measure, remove all encryption and see how you go. 2 If this solves the problem, then moving on try and use WEP encryption and see if it is still ok, if so replace with WPA; if you have a problem with WPA then stick with WEP or: 3 Try a different router as a temporary replacement and see how you go. 4 You mention that you have updated the drivers for your wireless adapter , but it might also be wise to update the Intel mini pci network drivers (if fitted) in addition. Good luck Regards paws
Hi Paws, Thanks very much for your quick reply. A bit more info. I turned on my wireless before coming into the house and it came on no problem - no blue screen. Then I walked toward the front door and the blue screen came up. So it sounds like it may be either our router or a neighbor's router. I tried turning off our router and then when I flipped the wireless switch, the blue screen came up. I disabled the WEP encryption and it did not solve the problem. I will try a different router to see if that helps. I also downloaded the Intel mini pci network driver and that did not help. Thanks again for your thoughts!
Hi L.Renfro, You could try switching channels on your router as if your neighbours are using the same channels you could get interference. Dect phones and Microwave devices, ovens etc. are notorious for causing problems with the wireless signal. See if switching them off/repositioning your router or its antennae helps. Other than that its borrowing a known working router and substituting it for the old one I'm afraid. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI