Trevuren
A. The site to the Hosts File is pretty self-explanatory. You download the file here: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.zip
Then you open the zip file and extract its content into the following folder:
Foe XP: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\……
B. There will be no conflict between any of these programs
C.SpywareGuard can now be downloaded from here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
C.
If they were dangerous items, I would not have left them on your machine. If you followed all of my instructions, all dangerous files are no longer present. You may have an odd qharantine from an old program hanging around but if you find one, delete it.
Then you open the zip file and extract its content into the following folder:
Foe XP: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\……
B. There will be no conflict between any of these programs
C.SpywareGuard can now be downloaded from here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
C.
I have a question for you. You said that the three scanners say that nothing is there, but I remember that they did say that my computer had some infections, viruses, suspicious objects, etc. Were these things not threats, or have they been resolved in some way?
If they were dangerous items, I would not have left them on your machine. If you followed all of my instructions, all dangerous files are no longer present. You may have an odd qharantine from an old program hanging around but if you find one, delete it.