This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard Drive Space

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had an issue last week with my computer not reading scripts. After trying different things to fix it, I decided to just reinstall the OS to the factory settings. Everything works great now! I had to reinstall all the updates, but with it working, I was happy. Anyway…today I was trying to "speed up" my computer and attempted to run a defrag. The defrag shows that I now only have a bit over 4% capacity! Before I reinstalled the OS I was showing approx 47%! I ran disk cleanup and a few other programs that do the same thing, but it didn't give me much more space. Right now I am running a "check for error" test. That is suppose to take awhile. Does anyone know what else I can do to get back my drive space? I can't figure out what the heck is eating this thing up! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
nope…it seems tp be running the same as always. Last night I did alot of cleaning and reg repair and got back to 19% on my hard drive. Then I was able to run the defrag, but I am still only showing 19%.
Open - My Computer /or Windows Explorer
Navigate to C:\boot.ini

Double-Click on boot.ini
Doing so will not activate any system commands but will "open" boot.ini into a Notepad for viewing of the Text.
***Do not make any changes to boot.ini

Copy/Paste the entire Text from boot.ini as it is displayed in Notepad
Including that Text into your next Reply here in this Forum thread.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI