This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

The Dreaded Norton Boot Delay

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After reading "What really slows your computer down" and subsequent data here http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/other/wha…_windows_down/5, it's no wonder I am tired of waiting what seems like 10 minutes for Norton to load upon reboot or start up. Following some of the links (run, mscon) I'm not sure where to go to stop Norton from running on startup. If I choose do this, does it means Norton isn't running at all or just not upon start up? Any advice appreciated!
It's important to keep your AntiVirus running Active from StartUp. If Norton is causing your machine excessive lag, you may want to select another AntiVirus product. I use the AVG free AntiVirus. Remember that you can only have one AntiVirus running active. So if you decide to do this, you must disable or uninstall your Norton. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI