This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Norton Anti Virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi folks i have Nortons system works on my PC ,it works great apart from the anti virus scan,which is really slow ,the last time i ran a full scan it took about 6hours :( any of you PC experts out there no what's wrong,any sugestions will be very welcome,thanks. Stevie.
Hi Steve…My only..and 1 and ONLY recommendation IS>>>>> DUMP ALL OF NORTON/SYMANTEC AND GET AVG "FREEBEE AV" FROM GRISOFT…@ www.grisoft.com I know all about Noron..I lived with their outdated and over estimated product for along time…UNTIL someone else told me what I just told you. You will find the compatibility and the user friendly program Quite remarkable ;) My Best To You getsteppin
Just for "the record":

I looked at the log in the other forum (and posted a reply). It seems he had more than one antivirus product active at the same time. That's a definite "No-No".

He uninstalled one of them (he KEPT Norton, by the way :thumbup: ), and everything seems to be normal.

I've had Norton for several years and I wouldn't switch.

I guess that proves that "one man's 'junk' is another man's treasure". :)
Thanks for all your help folks ,in the end i kept norton and got rid of PC cillin ,norton is working ok now ,so i'll stick with norton for the moment ,if it starts to cause me problems i can always change it .once again many thanks :thumbup: