Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Norton Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steviebhoy

steviebhoy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:38 AM

Hi folks i have Nortons system works on my PC ,it works great apart from the anti virus scan,which is really slow ,the last time i ran a full scan it took about 6hours :( any of you PC experts out there no what's wrong,any sugestions will be very welcome,thanks. Stevie.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

I just noticed that no one has answered your last post here:

http://forums.tomcoy...topic=11549&hl=

I see several things in that log that need taken care of that could explain your problem (or at least part of your problem).

Please post a fresh log for examination. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 steviebhoy

steviebhoy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

have posted new log on highjack this forum as requested,hope you can help,thanks for the reply Micah. stevie.

#4 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

Hi Steve...My only..and 1 and ONLY recommendation IS>>>>> DUMP ALL OF NORTON/SYMANTEC AND GET AVG "FREEBEE AV" FROM GRISOFT...@ www.grisoft.com I know all about Noron..I lived with their outdated and over estimated product for along time...UNTIL someone else told me what I just told you. You will find the compatibility and the user friendly program Quite remarkable ;) My Best To You getsteppin
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

#5 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 17 July 2004 - 04:43 PM

Just for "the record":

I looked at the log in the other forum (and posted a reply). It seems he had more than one antivirus product active at the same time. That's a definite "No-No".

He uninstalled one of them (he KEPT Norton, by the way :thumbup: ), and everything seems to be normal.

I've had Norton for several years and I wouldn't switch.

I guess that proves that "one man's 'junk' is another man's treasure". :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#6 steviebhoy

steviebhoy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for all your help folks ,in the end i kept norton and got rid of PC cillin ,norton is working ok now ,so i'll stick with norton for the moment ,if it starts to cause me problems i can always change it .once again many thanks :thumbup: