This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows hanging up during reboot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi!

 

Having a bit of an issue with Win 8.1. Anytime I need to reboot or start my PC, Win hangs up and freezes the screen. I usually have to manually restart and watch the screen to get it to clear the freeze. I have had this issue for awhile but it seems to be getting worse in that the time it takes to reboot is getting longer.

 

This usually happens when one of my programs needs to reboot from an update or even a Windows series of updates. I have run a HDD defrag, Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Advanced System Pro. Recently my Norton is showing that I have a trojan horse infection, it fixes it, but then when it reboots, I get the 'freeze' and have to manually shut down and restart.

 

Any ideas on what could be making this happen and how I can fix it? Any thoughts would be appreciated…

 

Thanks!

 

Tas

No…in fact Norton is telling me now that I'm infected with Trojan.Kotver!gm2 and is asking me to reboot. Every time I reboot it hangs up. I think this is a bigger issue than I originally thought.

 

Any info on how to get rid of this trojan? Malwarebytes running now but so far hasn't detected anything and Norton isn't fixing it!

 

Tas

Horse of a different color now….MWB has found 177 objects and it's about 1.2 way done. I think I need to go to the virus/malware

section….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI