Mr Charlie downloaded regcleaner just to see if CCleaner had been missing anything. Big mistake! RegCleaner install kept getting hung up and I got an error message, tried again. destop icon link was bad. Did a search and found the program. I ran it and then decided to uninstall. Clicked on the uninstall icon and it seemed to remove oned of the two downloads. The other program which must have partially loaded as it did not have an uninstall icon and refuses to leave saying I don't have permission! I checked my startup programs and found both RegCleaner programs installed! Tried to shut down the computer and RegCleaner end program window came up, but was refused all efforts to end program. Tried the add remove programs RegCleaner not listed……. How do I get rid of this problematic (for my computer) program?
Windows XP media edition SP2
Thanks
Is this the same programmer that did JV16, when it was freeware? It was developed by a person by the name Jouni, I think? I lost track of his work once it was purchased by Macecraft Software.
I really like JV16, but I like learning about new programs. I install and test about 30-40 new programs every month. I will check out your reg-cleaner 4.3 anyway.
Thanks for the link.
Is this the same programmer that did JV16, when it was freeware? It was developed by a person by the name Jouni, I think? I lost track of his work once it was purchased by Macecraft Software.
I really like JV16, but I like learning about new programs. I install and test about 30-40 new programs every month. I will check out your reg-cleaner 4.3 anyway.
203940
RegCleaner is one of the classic "good" freeware programs. But I'm not sure why this site is now offering it as a current "download of the week"? The file you download is version 43.780, which was discontinued in about 2001.
To answer your question, yes this is the same author who then coded JV16 PowerTools (which has now gone shareware). The newer program, JV16 PowerTools, is much more complete – and much better suited for the later operating systems (WinXP).
But, as with many really great programs, they came out with a "crippled" free version, and then went shareware.
You can still get the last available "truly freeware" version though.
I use CCleaner and RegSupreme Pro (from Macecraft Software). They get the job done very well. Will give Reg Cleaner a try. Thanks for all of your comments.
navman